The Project Accounting Coordinator is responsible for supporting the daily operations of Evergreen’s project-based accounting records within our financial system (Certinia). This includes creating project records, ongoing maintenance and updating of those records based on changes or project progress and supporting the review and approval of time & expense records within committed timelines. In addition, this role provides general support to the finance team, helping to cover various accounting duties due to outages, limited bandwidth, or other reasons. This role requires strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication are essential skills in this role.
The Project Accounting Coordinator actively contributes to our culture of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and supported. In addition, this person embraces Evergreen’s goal of being the “Best Place to Work” through building relationships, working collaboratively, and embodying our company’s values (Care Personally, Extend Grace, Be Responsive, Take Ownership, Be Transparent, Innovate).
The Project Accounting Coordinator is a member of the Finance Team and reports to the Director of Accounting. Work can be done either in-person in our Middleton, WI office, hybrid or remote.
Accounting Project Record Management
- Manage project records within the professional services automation (PSA) system, including creating, auditing, and closing projects.
- Update project records with specific purchase order, contracts, and/or statement of work details or records once received from the client.
- Prepare, review, and analyze project record reporting and submit weekly and monthly general reports.
- Create, update, and audit client and contact information in the PSA system.
- Investigate and resolve account discrepancies by working with our sales and recruiting teams to obtain additional details.
- Collaborate with accounts receivable concerning unpaid contract invoices and support the collection process.
- Perform project and account analysis and reconciliations.
Time + Expense Coordination
- Promptly review and approve expense reports, ensuring submitted reimbursements meet travel policies and are applied consistently.
- Review, verify, and approve timesheets, expenses, and invoices for work that is related to a specific project and verify against third party systems.
- Coordinate with project accountants to ensure timely and accurate reimbursement and pay adjustments related to time and expense submissions.
- Assist with time and expense reimbursement inquiries or issues.
- Provide primary end-user support to Evergreen’s consultant and Home Office Team members for our time and expense management system (Salesforce).
- Maintain internal and client documentation for expense reporting policies.
- Assist with VMS (Vendor Management System) time and expense submissions and reconciliations, ensuring accuracy for invoicing and consultant payments and reimbursement.
- Assist with corporate credit card and expense reconciliation activities, following up with employees as needed when corrective action is required.
- Reconcile vendor accounts, verify entries, address any discrepancies related to balances or adjustments.
- Manage corporate travel programs including airlines, car rentals, etc.
- Uphold Evergreen’s mission (Create authentic partnerships that improve healthcare) and values (Care Personally, Extend Grace, Be Responsive, Take Ownership, Be Transparent, Innovate).
- Cultivate meaningful relationships across Evergreen and with external partners.
- Embrace radical candor by developing relationships across Evergreen and providing direct feedback and recognition at all levels.
- Communicate in meetings, one-on-ones, and daily interactions with clarity, purpose, and respect for the individuals involved in the discussion.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional projects.
- Coordinate and support company-wide programs and special projects.
- Serve as subject matter expert for your team and role.
- Support colleagues and Evergreen’s growth by participating in hiring, onboarding, ongoing training, and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the development, documentation, and improvement of processes, procedures, and policies, in alignment with Evergreen’s mission and values.
- Assist and back up other colleagues when necessary.
- Embrace change as Evergreen scales systems and processes.
- Attend Evergreen’s in-person annual retreat one time per year.
- Associate degree or higher in accounting, three to five years of finance experience, or three to five years project accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft 365 products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook, along with experience using Salesforce, Certinia, and other relevant software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of team members, managers, and vendors.
- Demonstrated commitment to put forth consistent effort and successfully complete assigned tasks quickly without sacrificing quality.
- High attention to detail, including strong time management, analytical, organizational, and active listening skills.
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment.
- Experience coordinating and executing organizational processes.
Other Required Qualifications
Should the person in this role travel on-site to a client site, or a partner of Evergreen, and specific vaccinations are required by the client/partner, Evergreen does require their staff to meet these requirements. If you cannot meet the requirements, you might be asked to provide a religious or medical accommodation pursuant to the state and federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
Evergreen is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are currently unable to sponsor work visas. At this time, candidates must reside in the U.S. to be eligible to work at Evergreen Healthcare Partners.